Script to grant users access for local reg key
achinda
2010-03-16 12:32:40 UTC
I need to write a script to grant permission (Read only) to belo
mentioned key.

This key is appearing from our software and users should have rea
access to this.

please note that this exist on local machine only.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBIS\IBIS\USERLOG

i want to push this access from group policy.
pls help

pls look for the attachment to understan

|Filename: KEy access.JPG
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10738

achind
achinda's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/148152.ht
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/server-scripting/1316490.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
ZEDA
2010-04-01 09:50:53 UTC
If you really want to script this you should take a look at this
article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245031

There is another - easier - way though. A Group Policy can do this.

1. Create a new GPO and Edit it.

2. Go to: Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Registry

3. Right click on 'registry' an choose 'Add Key'

4. Browse to the key you want to set permissions on and Click 'OK'

5. A permissions dialog will pop up. Set the opermissions and Click OK.

6. Choose how you want to propagate this permissions and Click OK.

Good luck.
--
Zeda.nl - Windows Advanced Tips & Tricks
I need to write a script to grant permission (Read only) to below
access to this.
please note that this exist on local machine only.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBIS\IBIS\USERLOG
i want to push this access from group policy.
pls help
pls look for the attachment to understand