Need help for logon script that logoff user only once!
karent
2009-07-06 05:29:38 UTC
Hi guys,

Do you have clue how do I write a script in my logon.bat to logoff user
once only.
My intention is to logoff users after a deployment of registry key so
that it will take effect.

I got the following items ready & tested ok :-
1) Logon script to do the necessary work
2) Logoff.bat to initiate user logoff (ONCE ONLY). Here, I need
something that can tell my script to refer to say... a folder/file. If
exist, end, else will initiate a logoff.bat.

Thank you for your help :)
--
karent
karent's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/108149.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
Pegasus [MVP]
2009-07-06 08:00:03 UTC
Post by karent
Hi guys,
Do you have clue how do I write a script in my logon.bat to logoff user
once only.
My intention is to logoff users after a deployment of registry key so
that it will take effect.
I got the following items ready & tested ok :-
1) Logon script to do the necessary work
2) Logoff.bat to initiate user logoff (ONCE ONLY). Here, I need
something that can tell my script to refer to say... a folder/file. If
exist, end, else will initiate a logoff.bat.
Thank you for your help :)
--
karent
It appears that you have a script that modifies the registry. Presumably you
modify the registry just once, even though you provide no details as to how
you achive this. After modifying the registry, get your script to invoke
shutdown.exe /L.