Sysocmgr.exe tool you can add or remove Windows components.
Ersin INAN
2007-04-30 12:44:00 UTC
Hi All,

I am trying to add "Management and Monitoring Tools" component using
Sysocmgr.exe with a script.

If you could help me on this, I really appreciate this.

This is very urgent,

Regards,

Ersin
Jeremy
2007-05-01 12:55:27 UTC
It is pretty easy. You use a answer file that has an ini file format with a
Components section like an unattend.txt for example, to add all the
Management and Monitoring tools it would look like this

-->8
[Components]
Netoc=On
WbemMSI=1

[NetOptionalComponents]
NetCMAK=1
NetCPS=1
NetMonTools=1
SNMP=1
WBEMSNMP=1

-->8
Then follow this article about how to call it. These references were taken
from the ref.chm in the deploy.cab on the Windows Server CD

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222444

Cheers,
Jeremy.
Ersin
Ersin INAN
2007-05-05 05:10:01 UTC
Dear Jeremy,

Thank you so much for your great help. Now I have one more problem. When I
run the script, asking for the XP installation files. Can I also put this
path inside the script somehow ? Actually what we are trying to do is to
force this installation through AD.

Again thank you so much :),

Regards,

Ersin INAN
Ersin
hil
2007-11-28 17:33:23 UTC
The WbemMSI component should use a On | Off switch instead of 0 or 1. I
used

Code:
--------------------
[Components]
WbemMSI = 1
--------------------

in c:\answer.txt and ran %windir%\system32\sysocmgr.exe
/i:%windir%\inf\sysoc.inf /u:c:\answer.txt. The WMI windows installer
provider was not installed. There is a 'page'
(http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/9f657102-373f-4032-8ca6-eaf63ba17ecf1033.mspx?mfr=true)
of all the components. Search for WbemMSI; it tells you WbemMSI = On |
Off.

Code:
--------------------
[Components]
WbemMSI = On
--------------------

would be the correct answer file for installing WMI windows installer
provider. by default, 'it's not installed on Windows server 2003'
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa392726.aspx).
--
hil
hil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=36111

http://forums.techarena.in
bmcline23
2009-09-30 12:05:17 UTC
Post by Ersin INAN
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you so much for your great help. Now I have one more problem
When I
run the script, asking for the XP installation files. Can I also pu
this
path inside the script somehow ? Actually what we are trying to do i
force this installation through AD.
Again thank you so much :),
Regards,
Ersin INAN
I was actually curious if anyone knew the answer to this question?
am having the same issue where i want to add the WMI Windows Informatio
Provider on a 64-bit machine with sysocmgr.exe but it's asking for th
files from the CD, i want to be able to do this through a batch file o
a remote pc.

Thank

--
bmcline2
bmcline23's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139870.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
acomputerwiz6
2009-09-30 13:32:13 UTC
Post by Ersin INAN
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you so much for your great help. Now I have one more problem. When I
run the script, asking for the XP installation files. Can I also put this
path inside the script somehow ? Actually what we are trying to do is to
force this installation through AD.
Again thank you so much :),
Regards,
Ersin INAN
I was actually curious if anyone knew the answer to this question?  I
am having the same issue where i want to add the WMI Windows Information
Provider on a 64-bit machine with sysocmgr.exe but it's asking for the
files from the CD, i want to be able to do this through a batch file on
a remote pc.
Thanks
--
bmcline23
bmcline23's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/139870.htm

Put the i386 folder from your Windows XP SP3 install location (or
Vista if you use Vista)

For example I put the i386 folder in the Windows folder so I use these
Registry keys once those files are in place.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup]
"SourcePath"="C:\\Windows"
"ServicePackSourcePath"="C:\\windows"
"CDInstall"=dword:00000000
richaoj
2009-09-30 13:49:15 UTC
Yes, you just create a batch file or manually go edit the registry key
located at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\Installation
Sources

point this value to a network location where you have copied your
windows files.
--
richaoj
richaoj's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139893.htm