Third Party Application That Maintains Multiple Versions of Source Files?
2009-08-18 03:44:43 UTC
I am looking for a third party application that when executed will maintain
multiple versions of a specific source file. I want to stop one or more
virtual machines and then point the utility at the VM source file trees and
have it then have it maintain N1 daily backups, N2 weekly backups, and N3
monthly backups, at a destination.

We currently do this using our own scripts and robocopy, but there are a lot
of subtle failure cases and the error checking is tedious. I would surely
pay money for someone who has wrapped this all up into a nice shrink wrapped
commercial application.

I would be particularly interested if the application interfaced well with
Microsoft and VMWare virtual servers to stop the virtual machines,
synchronize the backups, and then restart the virtual machines, logging each
step and then sending off the result each night as an email to the admin.
Martin Zugec
2009-11-10 16:33:47 UTC

if you are still interested, let me know. Just use my mail address to
contact me, I think we got similar solution you are looking for implemented
through Powershell.

Martin