ActiveX Component Can't Create Object Scripting.FileSystemObject
Robla68
2005-04-23 16:50:07 UTC
I have a script which moves files to specific directories. It is a simple
script that had worked several times. When I try to execute it now, it gives
me the following error message
Error: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
Code: 800a01ad

I am running it as Administrator on Windows 2003 Server. I think I might
have downloaded a W2K security patch or something which changed the
environment. I tried re-registering the Windows Scripting Host etc, but
nothing seems to work. I can't seem to check other dependecies with
depends.exe, because this is a .VBS file. Any ideas?
Torgeir Bakken (MVP)
2005-04-23 16:58:35 UTC
Post by Robla68
I have a script which moves files to specific directories. It is a simple
script that had worked several times. When I try to execute it now, it gives
me the following error message
Error: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
Code: 800a01ad
I am running it as Administrator on Windows 2003 Server. I think I might
have downloaded a W2K security patch or something which changed the
environment. I tried re-registering the Windows Scripting Host etc, but
nothing seems to work. I can't seem to check other dependecies with
depends.exe, because this is a .VBS file. Any ideas?
Hi

Use the file in the link below to reinstall WSH and see if it helps...

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=887fce82-e3f5-4289-a5e3-6cbb818623aa&displaylang=en
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
burle_abhijeet
2009-06-25 10:44:46 UTC
I am also facing the same problem...
Unfortunately its not working at the client end..
and i have to be very sure, before letting them know, that the
solution
works and the reason.
so please can you tell whether installing "Windows Script 5.6" worked
for you or not??

thanks in advance
--
burle_abhijeet
burle_abhijeet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/108715.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
T Lavedas
2009-06-25 13:03:08 UTC
On Jun 25, 6:44 am, burle_abhijeet <burle_abhijeet.
Post by burle_abhijeet
I am also facing the same problem...
Unfortunately its not working at the client end..
and i have to be very sure, before letting them know, that the
solution
works and the reason.
so please can you tell whether installing "Windows Script 5.6" worked
for you or not??
thanks in advance
--
burle_abhijeet
burle_abhijeet's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/108715.htm
View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/server-scripting/86179.htm
http://forums.techarena.in
By "at the client end", do you mean in a web page? If so, client side
code in HTML applications cannot access the FSO because it is marked
unsafe for scripting (which it IS). Either the client needs to lower
their browsers security settings to LOW (definitely NOT advised) or at
the very least, they must acknowledge and accept the use of the FSO at
run time (with the proper security setting).

Another approach is to convert the HTML to an HTA, download the HTA to
the client and have them run that. It may require as little as
changing the extension of the web page to HTA from HTML/HTM. This
approach runs on the user's machine as a local application, therefore,
running in a laxer security environment.

There is a wealth of information on this subject at google. Search
for client side filesystemobject.

Tom Lavedas