Windows Server Legal Notice Login Script
Mr Matthew Setters
2007-02-23 09:02:51 UTC
Is there any way i can implement a login script that shows a legal notice
with yes and no buttons during login and not after full login so that if
they disagree to the terms it stops logging in and returns to the logon
screen?

I am assuming there is a way to possibly implement this using 3rd party
software or even a .BAT script? or possibly .VBS?

I have Windows Server 2003 Standard, Windows Server 2003 SBS Standard and
Windows Server 2000 Advanced.

Thanks in Advance Matt
trading_jacks
2007-02-23 15:22:15 UTC
You can do this with group policy. Edit the default domain GPO:
Computer Config
-Windows Settings
--Security Settings
---Local Policies
----Security Options

In there you will see Interactive logon: Message text/title for users
attempting to log on.

Those will get the desired results.
Mr Matthew Setters
2007-02-23 23:56:39 UTC
I dont want the legal notice that displays pre logon, it needs to be one
that executes during login not before or after, some companies do it so i am
wondering how i do it
Mr Matthew Setters
Thanks in Advance Matt
trading_jacks
2007-03-06 15:03:52 UTC
On Feb 23, 5:58 pm, "Mr Matthew Setters"
Post by Mr Matthew Setters
I dont want the legal notice that displays pre logon, it needs to be one
that executes during login not before or after, some companies do it so i am
wondering how i do it
Then you simply need a logon script that will display a message box
with 'yes' or 'no'. That is simple. Do you want to record the
results?
trading_jacks
2007-03-06 15:37:15 UTC
Post by Mr Matthew Setters
so that if they disagree to the terms it stops logging in and returns to the logon
screen?
sorry should have read the OP again. Here are some things to get you
started:

VBscript to ask question:
Dim WshShell, BtnCode

BtnCode = WshShell.Popup("Do you feel alright?" + vbCRLF + "Well, do
you?", 0, "Answer This Question:", 4 + 32)

Select Case BtnCode

case 6 WScript.Echo "Glad to hear you feel alright."
case 7 WScript.Echo "Hope you're feeling better soon." 'add
call to batch file

End Select
batch file to logoff
----
shutdown -l
-----
just type shutdown in a command prompt to get the full help. I have
never used this with the logoff switch, only to shutdown during power
failure (which I hope to have up on my website soon).

I will try to remember to check this again in case you have any
questions.
Mark Fergason
www.62left.com/docs
b***@hotmail.com
2018-04-24 19:04:22 UTC
Dear Mathew,

Did you find a solution for your request? im looking for the same. I tried a few script but didn't work as required.