VBScript to change Static IP Option to Dynamic IP Option
irsh19
2009-10-11 13:59:39 UTC
Hi All,

Does anyone have a VBScript to Change the Static IP Option to Dynami
IP Option. I am having nearly 600 Client PCs (windows XP Pro) at m
Branch office and all these are configured with Static IP Addres
before,now we are in plan to change Static IP Addresses to Dynamic I
Addresses, so I just need to know a VBScript to chnage the LAN TCP/I
Properties Option where all the clients are selected as Static IP t
Dynamic IP. and also let me know how to implement this script on al
these clients using GPO.

Thanks and Regards
Irsh...

--
irsh1
irsh19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/123384.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
Pegasus [MVP]
2009-10-11 17:04:07 UTC
Post by irsh19
Hi All,
Does anyone have a VBScript to Change the Static IP Option to Dynamic
IP Option. I am having nearly 600 Client PCs (windows XP Pro) at my
Branch office and all these are configured with Static IP Address
before,now we are in plan to change Static IP Addresses to Dynamic IP
Addresses, so I just need to know a VBScript to chnage the LAN TCP/IP
Properties Option where all the clients are selected as Static IP to
Dynamic IP. and also let me know how to implement this script on all
these clients using GPO.
Thanks and Regards
Irsh....
Why re-invent the wheel? The command netsh.exe already has an inbuilt option
to modify IP address settings. To roll it out you could use psexec.exe
(www.sysinternals.com). Make sure to test it carefully. If you set an
incorrect address on a few hundred machines then you will have to visit a
few hundred machines in order to fix the problem . . .