ADSI - The server is not operational
unknown
2009-10-07 15:06:49 UTC
Hi, I have installed a W2K3 domain controller and have installed Certificate Services on the computer. I have also installed the CA's root certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder of a remote, non-domain member computer.

When I run the following simple VBS script on the DC, it works fine. When I run it on the non-domain member computer, it fails with the message "The service is not operational". Anyone have ideas?

set objOU = objLDAP.OpenDSObject("LDAP://myserver.MyDomain.local:636/cn=users,dc=MyDomain,dc=local", _
"***@mydomain.local", _
"Password1", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION + ADS_USE_SSL)

WScript.Echo objOU.Get("cn")

Thanks,

Gordon

SAPI 5.1: Voice - Enabled Applications With VB
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f4fbf671-5b70-45b3-ab58-90633f7ae7e4/sapi-51-voice--enabled.aspx
unknown
2009-10-07 15:08:35 UTC
Here is the code again

ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION = 1
ADS_USE_SSL = 2

set objLDAP = GetObject("LDAP:")

Gordon Rose wrote:

ADSI - The server is not operational
07-Oct-09

Hi, I have installed a W2K3 domain controller and have installed Certificate Services on the computer. I have also installed the CA's root certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder of a remote, non-domain member computer.

When I run the following simple VBS script on the DC, it works fine. When I run it on the non-domain member computer, it fails with the message "The service is not operational". Anyone have ideas?

set objOU = objLDAP.OpenDSObject("LDAP://myserver.MyDomain.local:636/cn=users,dc=MyDomain,dc=local", _
"***@mydomain.local", _
"Password1", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION + ADS_USE_SSL)

WScript.Echo objOU.Get("cn")

Thanks,

Gordon

VB.NET Event Managment / Logging through Publisher / Subsriber Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9734b345-d1a5-4898-8192-bfdf6fef6500/vbnet-event-managment-.aspx
unknown
2009-10-07 15:09:44 UTC
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION = 1
ADS_USE_SSL = 2

set objLDAP = GetObject("LDAP:")

set objOU = objLDAP.OpenDSObject("LDAP://myserver.MyDomain.local:636/cn=users,dc=MyDomain,dc=local", _
"***@mydomain.local", _
"Password1", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION + ADS_USE_SSL)

WScript.Echo objOU.Get("cn")

Gordon Rose wrote:

Oops - code didn't paste correctly
07-Oct-09

Here is the code again

ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION = 1
ADS_USE_SSL = 2

set objLDAP = GetObject("LDAP:")

set objOU = objLDAP.OpenDSObject("LDAP://myserver.MyDomain.local:636/cn=users,dc=MyDomain,dc=local", _

"***@mydomain.local", _

"Password1", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION + ADS_USE_SSL)

WScript.Echo objOU.Get("cn")

ASP.NET DataList and DataRepeater Controls
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d89d1d96-03f1-4784-bbb2-a3db1af393f5/aspnet-datalist-and-data.aspx
Richard Mueller [MVP]
2009-10-09 20:43:33 UTC
_
"Password1", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION + ADS_USE_SSL)
WScript.Echo objOU.Get("cn")
I replied a few days ago, but since I still don't see it, I'll try again. My
suggestion was to try ADS_SERVER_BIND instead of ADS_USE_SSL. For example:
===========
' ADS Authentication constants that can be used.
Const ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION = &H1
Const ADS_SERVER_BIND = &H200

Set objOU =
objLDAP.OpenDSObject("LDAP://MyServer/cn=users,dc=MyDomain,dc=local", _
***@mydomain.local, "Password1", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION Or ADS_SERVER_BIND)
--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services