VBScript to Check DC Server Health
meridean
2010-06-17 15:46:08 UTC
Does anyone have any scripts already written which does any of the
following:

DCDIAG
NETDIAG
Extract and List Errors and Warnings from Event Logs including the
results of NT Backup
Check Disk Fragmentation
Check Disk Free Space
Check AV Status (Landesk)
Check the results of Scheduled tasks
Check AD Replication (repadmin /replsummary)
Check WINS Status

I need to create a script which does all of the above, however would
appreciate if anyone has a script which does some of the above which I
can then modify. I am ideally looking to get the results of the above
into 1 outputted document.

I hope someone is able to assist.
Many Thanks
addy
2010-06-26 08:18:03 UTC
Why do you want to reinevnt the wheel, use MPS reports and it gives
you a packaged output with seperate log which you can use your
VBScript to parse,

PFE version
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=00AD0EAC-720F-4441-9EF6-EA9F657B5C2F&displaylang=en

Normal version
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

Fiddle arround with these and you would get the desired outputs.

HTH
Addy
chris flynn
2010-11-04 14:01:03 UTC
Did you get a response to this other than that of using MPSReports? Does it work, can you post it here so I can modify it. I currently just use a Batch file to run some of these checks and then a VBScript file to send me the results however I am trying to script the whole thing just like you.

@echo on
REM Daily Check Automated Output.

cls
cd\

Date /T > E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

Time /T >> E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

dcdiag >> E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

netdiag >> E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

defrag c: -a -v >> E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

repadmin /replsummary >> E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

ipconfig /all >> E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt

for /f "tokens=1-5 delims=/ " %%d in ("%date%") do rename E:\DailyChecks\dailychecks.txt DC001_DailyChecks_%%d%%e%%f.txt

cscript C:\Scripts\sendmail.vbs

C:\Scripts\cleanupoldfiles.cmd

Hope this is useful and await your response.

Thanks
Post by addy
Why do you want to reinevnt the wheel, use MPS reports and it gives
you a packaged output with seperate log which you can use your
VBScript to parse,
PFE version
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=00AD0EAC-720F-4441-9EF6-EA9F657B5C2F&displaylang=en
Normal version
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en
Fiddle arround with these and you would get the desired outputs.
HTH
Addy
ASP.NET 4.0 browser capabilities
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/668c15e2-9fe5-4a7a-94ac-001af0bf4d1b/aspnet-40-browser-capabilities.aspx