Query Directory for 32 and 64 Bit OS
Orbital
2009-08-17 14:41:53 UTC
Hi All,

I need to push the SHA2 patch to all my Windows 2003 servers, and XP
workstations. I've created some nice batch files to do this, but
being as there are x64 and x86 version of the patch, I need to run two
version of the command.

Please could someone tell me how I could query my AD to pull a list of
computers for each architecture?

Many thanks,
Orb,
\Rems
2009-08-17 17:35:01 UTC
Post by Orbital
Hi All,
I need to push the SHA2 patch to all my Windows 2003 servers, and XP
workstations. I've created some nice batch files to do this, but
being as there are x64 and x86 version of the patch, I need to run two
version of the command.
Please could someone tell me how I could query my AD to pull a list of
computers for each architecture?
Many thanks,
Orb,
Is the batch file to run locally on all the remote computers?
Then you could have the batch to determine the version while running on the
computer -something like,

IF NOT "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"=="" (
Set UsePatchVersion=x64) Else (
Set UsePatchVersion=x86)

If /i %UsePatchVersion% EQU x86 (
echo Installing x86 version now...
)

If /i %UsePatchVersion% EQU x64 (
echo Installing x64 version now...
)

Or, is the batch lauched on the server and reading the names of the
computers from a list, to start a connection? Can you show the batch.

\Rems