Do logon scripts get stored on the PC?
Kelvin
2009-08-07 22:13:38 UTC
I have a logon script that is being assigned through Active Directories.
What happens when the users with laptops are off the network?
DoesWindows store the script in its memory?

Thanks

Kelvin
Ace Fekay [MCT]
2009-08-07 22:34:02 UTC
Post by Kelvin
I have a logon script that is being assigned through Active Directories.
What happens when the users with laptops are off the network?
DoesWindows store the script in its memory?
Thanks
Kelvin
No. If specified in AD account properties (under Profile tab), it gets
retrieved from AD's account properties during logon and runs. If the script
is specified in a GPO, it will run after the getGpoList function pulls it
over during logon.

What exactly is the script doing? Does it map drives? If the script is
mapping drives, what good will it do if the laptop is off the network? If
they're using a VPN, the script will run when logging in, of course
depending on how you have the VPN/logon process designed.
--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum to benefit from collaboration
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCTS Exchange, MCSE, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]
2009-08-10 12:31:52 UTC
The only way it will reside on the local machine is if you placed it there.
Then everytime you made a change it would have to be updated, etc... Bad
idea to have it anywhere but in a common, central location.
--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.