startup scripting
SBS user
2009-02-16 20:40:40 UTC
I have a script that I want to run at login, but only from the console. I
don't want it to run if logged into a terminal session. Is there a way to
use the startup folder in this fassion?
Pegasus (MVP)
2009-02-16 20:51:28 UTC
Post by SBS user
I have a script that I want to run at login, but only from the console. I
don't want it to run if logged into a terminal session. Is there a way to
use the startup folder in this fassion [fashion]?
AFAIR you can test %ClientName%. It is defined for terminal sessions only.
SBS user
2009-03-04 22:44:43 UTC
Can you give me some sample options for that? Basically I want to start an
app when logging into the console.
FNL
2009-03-05 15:06:17 UTC
if "%ClientName%"=="" start /b "Application" "c:\program files\...\..."
Post by Pegasus (MVP)
Post by SBS user
I have a script that I want to run at login, but only from the console.
I don't want it to run if logged into a terminal session. Is there a way
to use the startup folder in this fassion [fashion]?
AFAIR you can test %ClientName%. It is defined for terminal sessions only.
SBS user
2009-03-13 19:53:09 UTC
Thanks for the update I will give that a try
Post by Pegasus (MVP)
Post by SBS user
I have a script that I want to run at login, but only from the console.
I don't want it to run if logged into a terminal session. Is there a
way to use the startup folder in this fassion [fashion]?
AFAIR you can test %ClientName%. It is defined for terminal sessions only.
SBS user
Pegasus [MVP]
2009-03-24 12:53:03 UTC
Post by SBS user
I am not familiar with VB scritping. Is there a way that this can be done
with a batch file? If not what do I need to do to get the VB script
working?
The example I gave you (while posting under my "FNL" alias) is a batch file
command, not a VB Script line of code. Why don't you give it a try?
SBS user
SBS user
2009-06-03 17:12:47 UTC
Okay, I have put this off for awhile but want to get it figured out. So if
I create a batch file and put the following line in it

if "%ClientName%"=="" start /b "Application" "c:\program files\...\..."

then I just need to change the "c:\program files\...\..." section to the
location of the app I want to run and it will only run when logged in from
the console and will not run when logged in from a terminal session?
Pegasus [MVP]
2009-06-03 18:15:30 UTC
This thread appears to be about 10 weeks old and most of it has disappeared
from the horizon of my newsreader. As I said before: Why don't you give it a
try and watch what happens?
SBS user