Windows 7 Login Scripts ?????????????
leemartin1985
2009-12-31 12:50:19 UTC
Have a strange one, hope someone can help.

I am migrating our users from XP to Windows 7 and have looked at ou
legacy login scripts in an attempt to improve them. They use legacy app
like syncdir and If member to function, which is fine, but i wanted t
script the lot.

Basically I have a VBS scripted everything out and tested it fine. If
run this script logged in then it exectutes perfectly. Now the problem.

Knowing that this works, I have a new Group Policy for Windows 7 an
have point the login script section to my login script.

When I login i get an error message.

It says

Line : 110
Char 4
Error: ActiveX component cant create object
'InternetExplorer.Application'
Code 800A01AD
Microsfot VBScript runtime error

Here is this section of the script, which is basically where i creat
the IE Window

line 110 - Set oExplorer
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

oExplorer.Navigate2 "about:blank"
oExplorer.Width = 550
oExplorer.Height = 300
oExplorer.Top = 300
oExplorer.Left = 300
oExplorer.Toolbar = false
oExplorer.Menubar = false
oExplorer.Statusbar = false
oExplorer.Visible = True

What is weird, is like i say if i run this logged in no problems a
all. after this fails, if i run it again logged in its fine. if i th
delete some files ( as its a synchronisation script) and then log ou
and back in again it magically starts working again.

now been fiddling with this all morning and think i have pinpointed i
that once it has corrected itself again, if i then run a gp/update o
the machine, once i have logged off/rebooted hey presto the proble
returns.

So basically first time i login in, it does not work, if i log out an
then back in again then it is fine.

seems like almost it does not have permission first time round????

LIKE I SAID THIS IS ON A WINDOWS 7 MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apprecaite any help...............

Thanks

Le

--
leemartin198
leemartin1985's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169348.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
Peter Foldes
2009-12-31 15:16:31 UTC
You would be better off to repost this issue to one or all the following

MSDN IE Development Forums <=post such questions here instead
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/iedevelopment/

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx
--
Peter

Post by leemartin1985
Have a strange one, hope someone can help.
I am migrating our users from XP to Windows 7 and have looked at our
legacy login scripts in an attempt to improve them. They use legacy apps
like syncdir and If member to function, which is fine, but i wanted to
script the lot.
Basically I have a VBS scripted everything out and tested it fine. If i
run this script logged in then it exectutes perfectly. Now the problem.
Knowing that this works, I have a new Group Policy for Windows 7 and
have point the login script section to my login script.
When I login i get an error message.
It says
Line : 110
Char 4
'InternetExplorer.Application'
Code 800A01AD
Microsfot VBScript runtime error
Here is this section of the script, which is basically where i create
the IE Window
line 110 - Set oExplorer =
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
oExplorer.Navigate2 "about:blank"
oExplorer.Width = 550
oExplorer.Height = 300
oExplorer.Top = 300
oExplorer.Left = 300
oExplorer.Toolbar = false
oExplorer.Menubar = false
oExplorer.Statusbar = false
oExplorer.Visible = True
What is weird, is like i say if i run this logged in no problems at
all. after this fails, if i run it again logged in its fine. if i the
delete some files ( as its a synchronisation script) and then log out
and back in again it magically starts working again.
now been fiddling with this all morning and think i have pinpointed it
that once it has corrected itself again, if i then run a gp/update on
the machine, once i have logged off/rebooted hey presto the problem
returns.
So basically first time i login in, it does not work, if i log out and
then back in again then it is fine.
seems like almost it does not have permission first time round????
LIKE I SAID THIS IS ON A WINDOWS 7 MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apprecaite any help...............
Thanks
Lee
--
leemartin1985
leemartin1985's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169348.htm
http://forums.techarena.in
Pegasus [MVP]
2009-12-31 15:41:28 UTC
Post by leemartin1985
[...]
It's a little hard working out from your description when exactly the script
fails. Would it be at first logon time, perhaps after a cold boot? If so
then the cause might be some missing ActiveX component, one that gets loaded
only later on. Have you tried inserting this statement just before you
create the oExplorer object:

wscript.sleep 20000

The other thing I do not understand is this statement: "Basically I have a
VBS scripted everything out". Please clarify.