Install Software on a Remote Computer
kannadhasan.k
2007-10-16 10:56:01 UTC
I would like to install software in remote machine without using any remote
login software( like damware, remote desktop. etc..).

I run this script. but i get error mgs only. can you help me.

Script Code
Const wbemImpersonationLevelDelegate = 4

Set objWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set objConnection = objwbemLocator.ConnectServer _
("WebServer", "root\cimv2", "fabrikam\administrator", _
"password", , "kerberos:WebServer")
objConnection.Security_.ImpersonationLevel = wbemImpersonationLevelDelegate

Set objSoftware = objConnection.Get("Win32_Product")
errReturn = objSoftware.Install("\\atl-dc-02\scripts\1561_lab.msi",,True)
Al Dunbar
2007-10-17 06:02:20 UTC
Post by kannadhasan.k
Hi,
I would like to install software in remote machine without using any remote
login software( like damware, remote desktop. etc..).
I run this script. but i get error mgs only. can you help me.
Script Code
Const wbemImpersonationLevelDelegate = 4
Set objWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set objConnection = objwbemLocator.ConnectServer _
("WebServer", "root\cimv2", "fabrikam\administrator", _
"password", , "kerberos:WebServer")
objConnection.Security_.ImpersonationLevel =
wbemImpersonationLevelDelegate
Set objSoftware = objConnection.Get("Win32_Product")
errReturn = objSoftware.Install("\\atl-dc-02\scripts\1561_lab.msi",,True)
Whatever they say, the error mgs are there for a purpose. Namely to help you
(or to help us help you) to determine the problem. So, what are these error
mgs?

/Al
senator_pitt
2007-11-27 16:00:01 UTC
I'm trying to use the same script and I'm getting the following error:

Script: c:\test\run.vbs
Line: 4
Char: 1
Error: The RPC server is unavailable.
Code: 800706BA
Source: SWbemLocator

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Post by Al Dunbar
Hi,
/Al
Zee
2008-04-11 10:41:00 UTC
Dont know much about this issue but i used to get same errors when i was
trying to migrate some machines remotely and the reason was Firewall services
as well as Remote Services in services.msc. I have enabled all remote
services and disabled firewall services and these errors stopped coming. I
hope this helps
Post by senator_pitt
Script: c:\test\run.vbs
Line: 4
Char: 1
Error: The RPC server is unavailable.
Code: 800706BA
Source: SWbemLocator
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Post by Al Dunbar
Hi,
/Al
djslim
2009-10-20 11:34:01 UTC
I had the same issue, I was able to fix my issue by removing extra quotes
around the computer name. In your example make sure you specify the correct
computer name. So you would replace Webserver with your own AD server.
Hi,
Post by senator_pitt
Script: c:\test\run.vbs
Line: 4