Open txt with Notpad
Morris
2010-02-24 17:54:26 UTC
I'd like my notepad to open a file with the following
characteristics(automatically upon launch):
1. The window is maximized and occupies the whole screen.
2. The view would roll to the end of the file

Is it possible and how?
Regards
Morris
Tom Lavedas
2010-02-24 19:07:50 UTC
Post by Morris
I'd like my notepad to open a file with the following
1. The window is maximized and occupies the whole screen.
2. The view would roll to the end of the file
Is it possible and how?
Regards
Morris
Maybe something like this (VBS script)...

sPath = "C:\somewhere\somefolder\"
sFilename = "somefile.txt"

with createobject("wscript.shell")
.run "notepad " & sPath & sFilename, 3, false
do until .appactivate(sFilename & " - Notepad"): wsh.sleep 100 :
loop
.sendkeys "^{end}"
end with
Tom Lavedas