add a certificate to active directory user
edus
2011-10-25 20:57:46 UTC
Hy, I need to do the following with any automatic script

Map any certificate to a particular active directory user.

Are there any way to do with vbscript o powershell that?

The components are:
- A folder with 20000 users certificates issued for an external pki
infraestructure
- An active directory domain with 20000 users.

I searched any command to do that but I didn't find it.

Thanks a lot,
Eduardo
David H. Lipman
2011-10-26 00:34:47 UTC
Post by edus
Hy, I need to do the following with any automatic script
Map any certificate to a particular active directory user.
Are there any way to do with vbscript o powershell that?
- A folder with 20000 users certificates issued for an external pki
infraestructure
- An active directory domain with 20000 users.
I searched any command to do that but I didn't find it.
I'm not sure what you are trying to do but it sounds to me like your are going down the
wrong path.

It seems to me that if you are dealing with PKI then you would be using a CA server and
this would be done automatically and/or integrated with LDAP from the certiuficate issuing
authority.
--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
edus
2011-10-26 16:08:39 UTC
Post by David H. Lipman
Post by edus
Hy, I need to do the following with any automatic script
Map any certificate to a particular active directory user.
Are there any way to do with vbscript o powershell that?
- A folder with 20000 users certificates issued for an external pki
infraestructure
- An active directory domain with 20000 users.
I searched any command to do that but I didn't find it.
I'm not sure what you are trying to do but it sounds to me like your are going down the
wrong path.
It seems to me that if you are dealing with PKI then you would be using a CA server and
this would be done automatically and/or integrated with LDAP from the certiuficate issuing
authority.
--
Dave
Multi-AV Scanning Tool -http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.ukhttp://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
I only want to do the mappings, the manual task is documentated on
technet -> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736781%28WS.10%29.aspx
I want to do that process automatically with vbscript or may be using
the command line.